Technique for Repair of a Tracheocutaneous Fistula After Lung Transplantation
Media is any form of research output that is recorded and played. This is most commonly video, but can be audio or 3D representations.
Tracheocutaneous fistulas are infrequent complications of prolonged tracheostomies. This video explains the technique used at the authors’ institution for closure of a tracheocutaneous fistula in the context of a clinical case. The critical steps are:
- Create the subcutaneous tissue flaps.
- Dissect around and preserve the fistula tract.
- Properly size the rim of tissue of the fistula tract.
- Imbricate the fistula tract.
- Close the strap muscles and subcutaneous tissues.