Robotic XI 4-Arm Total Port Video-Assisted Left Pneumonectomy
Media is any form of research output that is recorded and played. This is most commonly video, but can be audio or 3D representations.
The procedure illustrated in this video was performed for a 67-year-old female nonsmoker who presented with hemolysis and a cough. She was found to have a 5 cm centrally-located clinical T2N0MX stage IB carcinoid tumor of the left lung.
- Cerfolio RJ, Bryant AS, Minnich DJ. Starting a robotic program in general thoracic surgery: why, how, and lessons learned. Ann Thorac Surg. 2011;91(6):1729-1737.
- Kent M, Wang T, Whyte R, Curran T, Flores R, Gangadharan S. Open, video-assisted thoracic surgery, and robotic lobectomy: review of a national database. Ann Thorac Surg. 2014;97(1):236-244.
- Dylewski MR, Lazzaro RS. Robotics - The answer to the Achilles' heel of VATS pulmonary resection. Chin J Cancer Res. 2012;24(4):259-260.
- Dylewski MR, Lazzaro R, Abbas AE. Complete port-access robotic-assisted lobectomy utilizing three-arm technique without a transthoracic utility incision. In: Kim KC, ed. Robotics in General Surgery. New York, NY: Springer; 2014:69-84.
- Veronesi G, Galetta D, Maisonneuve P, et al. Four-arm lobectomy for the treatment of early-stage lung cancer. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010;140(1):19-25.
- Melfi FM, Menconi GF, Mariani AM, Angeletti CA. Early experience with robotic technology for thoracoscopic surgery. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2002;21(5):864-868.
- Park BJ, Flores RM, Rusch VW. Robotic assistance for video-assisted thoracic surgical lobectomy: technique and initial results. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2006;131(1):54-59.
- Gharagozloo F, Margolis M, Tempesta B. Robot-assisted thoracoscopic lobectomy for early-stage lung cancer. Ann Thorac Surg. 2008;85(6):1880-1886.
- Dylewski MR, Ohaeto AC, Pereira JF. Pulmonary resection using a total endoscopic robotic video-assisted approach. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011;23(1):36-42.
- Gharagozloo F, Margolis M, Tempesta B, Strother E, Najam F. Robot-assisted lobectomy for early-stage lung cancer: report of 100 consecutive cases. Ann Thorac Surg. 2009;88(2):380-384.
- Park BJ, Flores RM. Cost comparison of robotic, video-assisted thoracic surgery and thoracotomy approaches to pulmonary lobectomy. Thorac Surg Clin. 2008;18(3):297-300.
Dr Dylewski is a clinical educator for Intuitive Surgical and Verb Surgical.