Robotic Left Lower Lobe Split Lateral (S9) and Posterior (S10) Basal Bisegmentectomy
Media is any form of research output that is recorded and played. This is most commonly video, but can be audio or 3D representations.
The authors present the case of a 63-year-old patient with an 11 mm nodule in the posterobasal segment (S10) of the left lower lobe. This grew from an initial size of 8 mm over a 12-month period. Image-guided biopsy was rejected, and after a multidisciplinary meeting discussion and with further discussion with the patient, a segmentectomy for diagnosis and potential treatment was planned. The tumor location and the lung anatomy on the CT scan were carefully reviewed and a combined S9+S10 bisegmentectomy was planned.
- Suzuki K, Saji H, Aokage K, Watanabe S, Okada M, Mizusawa J, et al. Comparison of pulmonary segmentectomy and lobectomy: Safety results of a randomized trial. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019;158(3):895-907.
- Nomori H, Mori T, Ikeda K, Yoshimoto K, Iyama K, Suzuki M. Segmentectomy for selected cT1N0M0 non-small cell lung cancer: a prospective study at a single institute. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012;144(1):87-93.
- Liang H, Liang W, Zhao L, Chen D, Zhang J, Zhang Y, et al. Robotic versus video-assisted lobectomy/segmentectomy for lung cancer: a meta-analysis. Ann Thorac Surg. 2018;268(2):254-259.
- Wei B, Cerfolio RJ. Robotic lobectomy and segmentectomy: technical details and results. Surg Clin North Am. 2017;97(4):771-782.
- Chen R, Ma Y, Li C, Li Y, Yang B, Guo A, et al. A pilot study of pulmonary segmentectomy with indocyanine green near-infrared angiography. Surg Innov. 2019;26(3):337-343.